Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On the dotted line...

Well, I did it. I committed to running my first Ultra-Marathon, the Glacial Trail 50K in October. It's been awhile since I've had the energy or time to train and dedicate myself to a race but there is no time like the present. I've gotten in a few strong long trail runs and can't wait to hit the course in the fall. It feels so good to be focused on a race again.

Truth is, I've been wanting to run an Ultra since my adventure racing years. I am more drawn to the serenity of the woods and the intrigue of a winding trail. Every turn makes me wonder what comes next.

John and I are heading on vacation next week on the Kyle Petty Charity Motorcycle Ride. I just recently learned how to ride a motorcycle (2 years ago) and absolutely love it! Perhaps it was from all those summer days as a kid testing the limits on my Schwinn, or that shiny red scooter I rode in high school... either way, I still can't believe I love to ride. It just goes to show you, life is like a trail, you never know what is around the next corner.

Happy Trails,

Jenny

No comments: