Friday, September 18, 2009

It's All About The Tree...

It's been almost a year since I've blogged (personally, that is) and although it was nice to take a little time off, I've missed it.  I'm fortunate to have some great professional writing gigs these days with my weekly RunnersWorld.com and BeeWellMiles.com blogs, and my monthly columns in HEALTH Magazine and Women's Running Magazine, but this is the place where I get a chance to unwind and write with a more personal flavor.  So, I promise, I'm back in the saddle again...

The big news this week is John and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary today!  We made the big move from Chicago (the city proper) to the burbs about 9 months ago, so we thought it would be a fitting and meaningful gift to buy each other a tree.  Seeing as the gift of choice for a fifth anniversary is wood and all...So here she is, an October Glory a beautiful hybrid maple tree that will grow along with us in time.

Although I've loved every minute of the city life (11 years), my spirit was yearning for peace and nature and we finally found it.  I'm also working on finding my green thumb, (okay maybe just my thumb) mountain biking and running on trails, and even paddling.  Life is good.

Happy Trails,

Jenny

1 comment:

Andrea Whaley said...

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your beautiful tree! I grew up with one in my mother's yard that is taller than her two-story house now.