Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me...

Yes, today is my 39th birthday. One more year until I hit 40. I thought I would be upset about leaving my thirties, but I can't stop thinking of how great it will be to have another 5 minutes to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Life is good.

I ran my traditional birthday run on the lakefront path today. I am about one minute per mile slower than I was 10 years ago, but I still smile when I run. Running is the ultimate gift. That is what I try to remember when I get down on my times. I am still out there enjoying it!

Happy Trails...

Coach Jenny

2 comments:

Mike Bitton said...

Happy Birthday!

I've read your blog many times but never commented. How could I pass up this chance, though?

Keep the blog entries coming. I find your running life to be truly inspirational!

Anonymous said...

happy and way belated birthday to you! 39 is not so bad. I turned 54 last Feb and I'm still smiling and kicking the can. I am just a beginner in running and started in June. I am a swimmer by heart and fell in love with jogging. Jogging help me loose 10 lbs and help me drop my cholestrol level to 141. I love reading your blogs and John's blogs. Keeping on adding your daily blogs cause they are truly inspirational for rookies like us. And yes indeed...happy trails to youuuu until we meet again!

Aniel Luz, Dallas, Texas
saging@sbcglobal.net