Monday, September 08, 2008

Country Roads

There's something about a winding road that sucks me in and takes me for a ride. I was out in the country this weekend at our annual girls getaway and had the chance to run on an open, winding, hilly country road. There is almost nothing better...no cars, plenty of wildlife and fresh, crisp air. It was the perfect training run for my upcoming Rim2Rim4Roy Adventure across the Grand Canyon and a most excellent way to defrag and unwind.

I'm 30 days out from my GC Adventure and getting in a lot of great training these days. Some long, fast hikes, some trail runs and a lot of climbing workouts. It should be a good recipe to get me through.

I want to publicly thank everyone for their support (emotional and financial). We're just beyond the half way point of our goal to raise $11,000 for the Tug McGraw Foundation. (Which also happens to be the total amount of elevation gain on our journey)

If you are interested in making a donation to the team (every penny counts), CLICK HERE.

Happy Trails,

Jenny

No comments: