Friday, December 08, 2006

Spitfire

This is a little embarassing to write, but thought it might be useful information. Last night I was setting out running gadgets and winter clothes for my next long run and found a keychain canister of Spitfire which I used for safety when walking our dog Bear and on some runs. Spitfire is a handy device you can carry with you and sprays pepper spray in the case of an assault.

Curiosity got the best of me and I started to push the button just to see if it still worked (dumb). Well, it worked and it worked on ME! Let me tell you it is not fun at all and would really have an affect on someone coming a little too close to you! I had it everywere. It was in my eyes, my sinuses, and I was sneezing and crying for hours.

So, if you ever wondered if pepper spray works, it does folks. Just make sure to try it outside and spray it away from yourself.

Happy Trails,

Coach Jenny

1 comment:

Sam said...

Arrgghh! I'm still LOL! That sounds like something I would do. And I wanted to be like you when I grow up? I'm beginning to have second thoughts:) Oh well, guess coaches aren't perfect either.
Carry on wayward daughter
Sam