Monday, June 09, 2008

Fueling My Soul

My life has literally been on the run over the past few months. Not the good kind of running either. Running here, running there and literally squeezing in Better Than Nothing Runs. So, when I actually got out to run on my favorite trail Sunday, my soul smiled for the first time all season.

There is something about being on a trail that soothes my mind and nurtures my soul. Don't get me wrong...I love running in the city, but if I have a choice, it always leads to the path less traveled. The peace and tranquility provides a place to balance my energy and refresh my mind. The choice to be creative and take the fork in the road rejuvenates my never ending sense for adventure and brings me way back to my days of "toad hunting" in my childhood forest. The gift is not the trail. The true gift is understanding what the trail means to me. And for that, I am truly grateful.

Happy Trails,

Jenny

No comments: