Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Running Into Fall

This is my favorite time of year to run and one of my favorite ways to close out the summer is at the Virginia Beach Rock n Roll Half Marathon. Every summer John and I spend the long holiday weekend working the event and it is always a treat! If you're in the market for a fun half marathon next year, put this one on your list. It is flat, includes a band every mile and the last two miles finish along the beach boardwalk. There is a music festival along the boardwalk and plenty of things to do. The headliner Beach Concert a few years ago was Journey [my favorite high school band]. Am I dating myself? The medal is pretty cool too!

I had a bonus day Sunday. I ran on the beach, hung out and caught a few rays and watched the wind surfers [amazing]. Funny, I'm always ready for fall after Labor Day Weekend. But that is what is so great about being a runner. We get to run right through all the seasons and experience them one step at a time.

Here's to carmel apples and colorful foliage!

Jenny

No comments: